Last Updated: 24 May 2018
SEALPAC UK is committed to protecting your privacy. SEALPAC UK complies with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU May 25th 2018), and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003, as amended 2011. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
You can visit most pages on our site without giving us any information about yourself. But sometimes we do need information to provide services that you request, and this privacy statement explains data collection and use in those situations.
We believe that we have a “legitimate business interest” to collect and use this information. This privacy statement only applies to www.sealpac-uk.com; it does not apply to other online or offline SEALPAC UK sites, products or services. Please read the complete SEALPAC UK privacy statement.
Collection of your Personal Information
We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you (personal information) or information that allows us to contact you. Generally, this information is requested when you are registering a system, before entering a site or when purchasing and/or registering SEALPAC UK products.
Personal information collected by www.sealpac-uk.com often is limited to e-mail address, language, country or location, but may include other information when needed to provide a service you requested. For example: If you choose a service or transaction that requires payment, we will request personal information necessary for billing and/or shipping, such as: name, address, telephone number, and credit card number. When you buy and install a new product, we may ask you to register your purchase electronically. We keep this registration information on file with any information you`ve already given us on previous visits to our Web site. This information may include: your IP address, browser type, operating system, domain name, access times and referring Web site addresses. SEALPAC UK also collects information about which pages our customers visit within www.sealpac-uk.com This site visitation data is identified only by a unique ID number, and it is never linked with personal information unless a user consents as described below.
Use of your Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To ensure our site is relevant to your needs.
- To help us create and publish content most relevant to you.
- To alert you to product upgrades, special offers, updated information and other new services from SEALPAC UK, if you so request.
We believe we have a “Legitimate Interest” to keep you informed via email with what we think is relevant information on our products and services. However we will always provide a link in such communications for you to Opt Out of future mailings. We use this as the lawful basis for processing your personal data in the following scenarios:
- You are (or have been) a customer of SEALPAC UK, or
- You have an existing relationship with SEALPAC UK, or
- We believe you will find our messaging relevant as a result of your job title and/or the industry that you work in, and
- Your are not any of the following employment categories - sole traders , partnerships, unincorporated trusts, partnerships and foundations and their staff members.
In all other cases SEALPAC UK will only keep you informed via email if you choose to Opt In to our marketing communications. Once again, you can opt out at any time.
To allow you access to limited-entry areas of our site as appropriate. In some limited-entry sections of www.sealpac-uk.com, with your approval, we will combine site-visitation data with your personal information in order to provide you with personalized content. If you decline permission, we will not provide you the personalized service and won`t merge your personal information with site-visitation data. We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, including packaging, mailing and delivering purchases, answering customer questions about products or services, sending postal mail and processing event registration. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
SEALPAC UK may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on SEALPAC UK or the site;
- protect and defend the rights or property of SEALPAC UK and its family of Web sites, or
- act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of SEALPAC UK employees, users of SEALPAC UK products or services, or members of the public. Your information may be stored and processed in the United Kingdom or any other country in which SEALPAC UK or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities, and by using this site, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. SEALPAC UK abides by the safe harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Union.
Third Parties which have access to the data collected
SEALPAC UK works with several Third Parties to provide the service the Data Subject receives. In all cases there is either an explicit contract in place between SEALPAC UK and the Third Party, Terms and Conditions or another legally binding relationship.
The data will likely be shared with:
- Alphabet Inc (Google) – a suite of Google Tools is used by SEALPAC UK.
- Breckenridge & Viana Ltd (t/a Breckenridge) – website host/provider.
- HubSpot Inc – a suite of CRM and Marketing Automation software used by SEALPAC UK
- The Rocket Science Group LLC (MailChimp) – used by SEALPAC UK to send email marketing campaigns.
- Mobile phones – our staff may enter your contact details into their phones for the purpose maintaining easy contact with you.
SEALPAC UK does not share your data with any Third Parties for marketing purposes unless the Data Subject has explicitly opted in.
Control of your Personal Information
When you register, or otherwise give us personal information, SEALPAC UK will not share that information with third parties without your permission, other than for the limited exceptions already listed. It will only be used for the purposes stated above.
SEALPAC UK may send out periodic e-mails informing you of technical service or security issues related to a product or service you requested, or confirming you requested a product or service. You will not be able to choose to unsubscribe to these mailings, as they are considered an essential part of the service you have chosen.
Access to your Personal Information
We will provide you with the means to ensure that your personal information is correct and current.
Security of your Personal Information
SEALPAC UK is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide in computer servers with limited access that are located in controlled facilities. When we transmit sensitive information (such as a credit card number) over the internet, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
SEALPAC UK can largely operate without the use of third party cookies. However, in many cases third party cookies improve the website experience.
SEALPAC UK will not add social sharing buttons to the page unless the Data Subject has explicitly opted in to social cookies.
SEALPAC UK will not include any tracking systems unless the Data Subject has explicitly opted in to tracking cookies.
SEALPAC UK will allow Google Analytics to operate on this website in order to provide necessary anonymous analytical data. This may result in a small amount of Personally Identifiable Information being collected but this is only used as statistics and not for identification purposes.
Enforcement of this Privacy Statement
If you have questions regarding this statement, you should first contact SEALPAC UK by e-mail. If you do not receive acknowledgement of your inquiry or your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, you should then contact TRUSTe at their website, www.truste.org/users/users_watchdog.html. TRUSTe will serve as a liaison with SEALPAC UK to resolve your concerns.
Changes to this Statement
SEALPAC UK will occasionally update this privacy statement. When we do, we will also revise the "last updated" date at the top of the privacy statement. For material changes to this statement, SEALPAC UK will notify you by placing prominent notice on the Web site.
SEALPAC UK welcomes your comments regarding this privacy statement, please contact us.