MAP or Modified Atmosphere Packaging, is the process where the normal atmosphere inside a package is replaced with a mix of gases to suit the product needs. The process uses a vacuum pump to remove the normal atmosphere. Sealpac tools are designed for optimum gas results in the pack, along with smart design to reduce gas usage.
The proven benefits of MAP include extended shelf life; great taste, colour and texture; minimal waste in production and a reduction in the need for artificial preservatives. MAP allows wider distribution to the market and reduced costs through more efficient production. Benefits of MAP are:
- Extended shelf life
- Maintain taste, colour, texture
- Minimise waste in production
- Reduced need for artificial preservatives
- Wider distribution to market
- Efficient production reducing cost to producer